Art Summer Programs and Camps for High School Students
Information about Art Pre-College Summer Programs and Education Opportunities
art, meet peers with a similar interest, and share art pieces.
Pre-College Summer Art Programs
There are colleges of art and design that offer pre-college summer programs for high school students with an interest in the field. These programs provide an opportunity for students to learn about the type of education that is offered at a college that specialize in art and design.
Through pre-college summer experiences, students can have the chance to develop pieces for an art portfolio, utilize resources in a college setting, develop new perspectives on art, learn about cutting edge techniques, work with faculty members to improve their artistic abilities, and receive feedback on their work. Students also have a chance to learn about college majors in art as well as potential career pathways.
Examples of art pre-college summer programs include:
- California College of Art Pre-College Program (learn more on the California summer programs Page page)
- Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) Pre-College Art and Design Residency Program (learn more on the Maryland summer programs page)
- Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) Pre-College Programs (learn more on the Oregon summer programs page)
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Pre-College Experience (learn more on the Rhode Island summer programs page)
- Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Pre-College Summer Programs (Learn more on the Georgia summer programs page)