Summer Computer Camps for High School Students
Introductory Information – Computer Camps
Summer Computer Camps – Areas of Study
Some of the summer computer camps are general in nature. These programs tend to provide students with an introduction to a variety of topics in the technology field. There are also computer camps that allow students to focus on a specific area of interest. For example, programs can focus on areas such as coding, video game design, computer programming, app development, digital photography, robotics, and more. Additionally, computer camps tend emphasize hands-on activities and experiential-based learning to help students enhance their skills and develop new abilities. In general, summer computer camps and programs provide students with an opportunity to pursue an area of interest, meet new peers with a similar passion, learn from instructors, develop new skills sets, collaborate with others, and think about potential college majors and career paths.
Pre-College Summer Computer Camps
Featured Summer Computer Camp
The University of Florida, a public university in Gainesville, offers a computer camp in the summer known as the Gator Computing Program. This pre-college program is designed for students who would like to enhance their knowledge and skills in the area of computing, computer science, and technology. Participating students learn about the ways in which computer technology effects people, communities, and the world.
Students, in this computer camp, have the opportunity to engage in hands-on activities, learn about new technological developments, collaborate with peers, and visit campus facilities. This summer pre-college program also enables students gain experience being on a college campus and learn about the university. Through the computer camp, students can begin to develop an understanding of the interdisciplinary nature of computers and the ways which in technology plays a role in different fields of study. In addition, students have a chance to meet and interact with faculty members from different areas at the university. This summer computer camp also provides students with the opportunity to learn about college majors and potential career options in areas relating to computers and technology.
Examples of summer computer camps and technology programs include:
- University of Alabama Summer Computer Science Camps (learn more on the Alabama summer programs page)
- Alfred University Summer Computer Camp (learn more on the New York summer programs page)
- Baldwin Wallace College High School Tech Camp (learn more on the Ohio summer programs page)
- Eastern Kentucky University Summer Computer Camps (learn more on the Kentucky summer program page)
- University of Rhode Island Summer Computer Camp (learn more on the Rhode Island summer programs page)
- SummerTech Computer Camps for Students
- University of Texas Summer Computer Camp (learn more on the Texas summer programs page)
- Virginia Tech University C-Tech² Summer Program (learn more on the Virginia summer programs page)
- University of Wisconsin Green Bay Technology and Robotics Summer Programs (learn more on the Wisconsin summer programs page)